Monday, November 24, 2008

Playfish : Mini Golf Party Review

Ever played minigolf or wacky golf before? You have guess it, Playfish have come out with it’s 6th title MiniGolf Party. You can be rest assured of aesthetically pleasing beta release games. This by far the best release, quite unlike Bowling Buddies where you practice the skill and keep on practicing to get it right to win the award and Pet Society where wash and rinse the steps to get the coins.

Golf

In MiniGolf Party, you can choose different playing objectives. E.g. To get the maximum coins in each course and complete it. Or to get the least par for each course. Well, are you rubbing you hands and waiting to get started? Let’s go golfing!



In my first try out of the game I manage to complete the entire nine course and had gotten 2 awards from it. One for completing the course without giving up on any hole, another, ahem erm it’s for dropping the golf balls into water for 5 times. Actually, I did it on purpose, I really really want to hit the alligator and see if it would snap at the golf ball, seriously. :)

Direction and “power” of the shot is control by the mouse. (E.g. Long arrow line more power, shorter arrow line lesser power.) There’s a total of nine course right now with each course taking after popular city names like London, Moscow, Beijing, Rome just to name a few.

The game allows you to play all nine holes or to practice a particular hole individually. Good for perfecting the shots and test out the different ways of playing a course. Moscow is the most challenging course for me because of it’s rocket drop shot where you need to be precise to get the golf ball into the hole or it will bounce off the moon crater because of the force. Oh, by the way, I’ve found out that the maximum number of strokes in a course is 50. As usual... nothing new, I have tested it.



There’s a total of 16 different awards for this game, and I had manage to unearth 3 so far with 2 rounds of 9 hole game. Hey, I manage a par 3 on a par 5 course, cool right. You will love this game if you like a little challenge in terms of skills. Best of all you do not have to pay fees or have a handicap before you get into the greens, neither do you need expensive golfing gears ;>. I’ll share my gaming experience later. I need some time to gather my materials and thoughts.

Link to the game: Mini Golf Party
Back to home: Ministry of game
Sending you a Caffeine Booster!
or

1 comment:

  1. I find this game really cute, y'know. It's like playing other games on facebook. I had this game played by my younger cousin, now she plays better than me. haha!

    ReplyDelete